Photo: Sunrise progression, Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Full moon splays shadows across the yard. I listen to the night sounds as I search for stars remaining almost unseen as the moon reflects its light.
Some see shadows as disturbing, haunting. I once did. Pasts ever present, casting shadows as we try to overcome what was. Grief robbing life of joy, of the happiness that will never be known or known again. Pain tearing away at spirit’s peace. Unknown worries lurking in the gray
But the shadows I now see have a beauty of their own. Yes, beauty in their own way if I will simply look. Beauty in pain that teaches to lean into my Creator more each day. Beauty in letting go of preconceived plans.
God reminds me that plans often need to remain in the shadows. I glimpse an outline of things to come. Without form and definition I can only wonder what they will become.
I know “He works all things for the good of those who are called according to his purpose” is true. Listing reminders of His faithfulness, of His grace. I trust. I want to trust.
Days appear when the wanting to is all I have. Anxieties move in almost unseen stealing peace. How easily focus is lost.
Again I look to what He has done.
“Let this be a sign among you, so that when yoru children ask later, saying, ‘What do these stones mean to you?’ then you shall say to them ‘Because the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord…………So these stones shall become a memorial to the sons of Israel forever.” Joshua 4:6-7
Just as the Israelites built altars to remember I list. Giving gratitude for even the smallest of gifts. A gift most would skim over. These gifts reminding me of His faithfulness. Of His grace.
498. For a cleaned camera. (8/2/11)
499. For motivation to do a fee chores. (8/3/11)
500. For being assigned the most wanted teachers in 6th grade. (8/4/11)
501. For an afternoon of thunderstorms. (8/4/11)
502. For Walmart not being crazy as I bought school supplies. (8/5/11)
503. For lunch with my best friend from high school. (8/5/11)
504. For time to paint on the porch. (8/5/11)
505. For an afternoon of knitting. (8/5/11)
506. For a twitter conversation with Preston about a book we are reading and how his strong opinions on it made me laugh, but also really think. (8/6/11)
507. For time to talk with Ann while serving at church. (8/7/11)
508. For someone recognizing one of my strengths. (8/7/11)
509. For cloud streaked sky as the sun was setting. (8/7/11)
510. For time at the pool with a friend and the kids. (8/8/11)
511. For a simple thank you. Grace. (8/9/11)
512. For the owl that mixes its days and nights up and hoots in the afternoon. (8/10/11)
513. For over six hours straight of sleep. (8/11/11)
514. For kiddo liking his teachers and saying the first day of school was better than good. (8/11/11)
515. For kiddo having a good second day of school. (8/12/11)
516. For thunderstorm and rain. (8/12/11)
517. For cloud streaked night sky. (8/13/11)
518. For energy to run after nine days off. (8/13/11)
519. For daddy’s home grown corn. (8/13/11)
520. For a new blog home and design. (8/13/11)
521. For energy to run 1.5 miles at a time instead of just one. (8/15/11)
522. For another cloud streaked night sky. (8/15/11)
523. For cooler evening temperature. (8/15/11)
524. For DH cleaning up the kitchen after supper each night. (8/15/11)
525. For waking up early enough to see the sunrise. (8/16/11)