A time to tear apart and a time to sew together; A time to be silent and a time to speak. (Ecclesiastes 3:7 NASB)
Trees stand barren readying for winter outside my window. The last of their dress lie beneath empty branches. Preparing themselves for winter’s coming they quiet themselves.
Seasons of quiet overtake us at times also. Times when the words simply do not appear. Words to keep close or words to share. Even our prayers seem silent. I wonder if those are times God gives us to simply exhale. To wait on His words. To hibernate and prepare for experiences to come.
Finding ourselves amidst silent prayers may frustrate. Aren’t good Christians supposed to have strong prayer lives?
Perhaps we need to give ourselves grace. I know those who use pray common prayers during times when their hearts seem void of their own prayers. For me I am learning to simply give thanks.
My soul waits in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation.
My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. (Psalm 62:1,5 NASB)
734. For storms (11/22/11)
735. For lunch with Chris and Sam. (11/23/11)
736. For blue sky appearing. (11/23/11)
737. For banana pudding. (11/24/11)
738. For rain. (11/27/11)
739. For lazy Sunday afternoons. (11/27/11)
740. For seven hours of sleep. (11/28/11)
741. For more rain. (11/28/11)
742. For sun bursting behind rain clouds. (11/28/11)
743. For blue sky after rain. (11/28/11)
744. For first fire of the season in the fireplace. (11/28/11)
745. For Chris’s job. (11/29/11)
746. For grace. (11/30/11)
747. For sun breaking through clouds. (11/30/11
748. For leftovers and not having to cook. (11/30/11)
749. For hot cocoa. (12/01/11)
750. For Chris’s willingness to go on the overnight field trip with Sam so I can enjoy a weekend with a friend. (12/02/11)
751. For Stacey. (12/02/11)
752. For the sweet elderly people we met while passing out food. (12/03/11)
753. For lunch with Stacey, Jenn and John. (12/03/11)
754. For Sam and Chris enjoying the field trip. (12/03/11)
755. For a wonderful weekend spent with a friend. (12/03/11)
756. For ending the weekend and beginning the week with time at Highlands. (12/03/11)
What do you do when you have no words for your prayers?