Yet skin so thin. As deeply as the joy is felt the discouragement can take hold as well. Leaning in. Knowing a battle wages. And leaning even more. Every breath a prayer. Deep breaths of giving thanks. More leaning.Prayers for thick skin and soft heart.
A song taken hold playing over and over in the mind. Constant sound of worship.
And joy returns. Not as a blast of wind, but a gentle peace.
What do you do when you lose the joy?
Continuing to count the gifts:
699. For feeling joy despite feeling physically unwell. (11/7/11)
700. For encouraging words just as discouragement tries to settle in. (11/8/11)
702. For pink morning sky. (11/9/11)
703. For our maple tree bursting into red. (11/9/11)
704. For cloudy mornings. (11/9/11)
705. For strength to do my four miles when I thought I could only do two. (11/9/11)
706. For unexpected time to paint. (11/9/11)
707. For Chris’s willingness to pick up dinner when my headache wouldn’t go away. (11/9/11)
708. For rain. (11/9/11)
709. For cheese danishes and cocoa. (11/10/11)
710. For laughter with friends. (11/10/11)
711. For lunch with Sarah Beth. (11/11/11)
712. For a fun photo session with the Hickmans. (11/11/11)
713. For adventures with Karla and firetrucks and a police officer. (11/11/11)
714. For an afternoon with friends. (11/12/11)
715. For clouds across blue canvas of sky. (11/13/11)
716. For my sister. (11/13/11)
717. For four miles. (11/14/11)
718. For canvas and paint. (11/14/11)
719. For Chris grilling even in the rain. (11/14/11)
720. For a good night’s sleep. (11/15/11)